FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
- Juan Fernández (Cuba)
- Juan Manuel Rojas (Colombia)
- Hugo Carrión (Ecuador)
- Joao Carlos Caribé (Brasil)
- Amparo Arango (Dominicana)
- Mario Brandao (Brasil)
- Beatriz Busaniche (Argentina)
- Carolina Coto (Costa Rica)
- León Felipe Sanchez Ambía (México)
- Kemly Camacho Gimenez (Costa Rica)
- Carlos Cortes (Argentina)
- Kevin Harris (Belize)
- Encel Eduardo Sanchez Veloz (Venezuela)
- Jennifer Britton (Guyana)
- Reynold Guerrier (Haiti)
- Ivan Hartnmann (Brasil)
- Carlton Samuels (Jamaica)
- Fátima Cambronero (Argentina)
- José Francisco Arce (Argentina)
- Gilberto Lara (El Salvador)
- Alfredo Velazco (Ecuador)
- Luiz Germán Rodriguez Leal (Venezuela)
- Deidree Williams (St Lucia)
- Natalia Enciso (Paraguay)
- Thiago Tavares (Brasil)
- Francisco Javier Vera Hott (Chile)
- Ana Leonor Lamas (Perú)
- Javier Castellón (México)
- José Eduardo Rojas (Bolivia)
- Beatriz Rodriguez (Uruguay)
- Martín Enríquez (Honduras)
The period to apply for grants is over.
The organizers of the Regional Preparatory Meeting for the IGF 2012 (LACNIC NUPEF, APC, Internet Society) will offer a limited number of partial scholarships to members of the Internet community of Latin America and the Caribbean interested in attending the 5th. Regional Preparatory Meeting for the IGF, to be held from September 24 to 26 in the city of Bogota, Colombia, at the Cosmos Hotel.
There will be a selection process among the applicants for the allocation of partial scholarships. The scholarship includes one of the following benefits:
- Option 1 – Accommodation
- Accommodation expenses (up to 4 nights) at the venue hotel or near the venue for one person in single room.
- Option 2 – Airfare
- Air ticket round trip from the residence of the applicant to the city where the event takes place. (Does not include airport taxes or visa costs. The processing of visas and other requirements such as immunizations are the responsibility of the selected candidates).
The resources available are limited, so grants are not guaranteed for all. Approval will be directly communicated to the selected applicants.
The selection committee will seek to have representation from all sectors of interest related to Internet governance (representatives from business, civil society, governments, social organizations, etc.) as well as gender and country of origin representation.
The selection committee has the right to select the candidates more suitable to receive the scholarships following the above-mentioned criteria without any obligation to justify the results of the selection.
Requirements to be complied by the selected applicants
Beneficiaries of the financial assistance must attend all the sessions of the meeting.
- Scholarship application period: July 30 - August 15
- Announcement of results: August 22
- Deadline to confirm acceptance: August 29
Applications received after the due date will not be considered.
The applicants who are selected will be informed directly via email by August 22, 2012. Confirmation of acceptance of the scholarship by the selected applicants is due on August 29, 2012.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com